Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Beauty of Paris

Bonjour!
After an eight hour trip consisting of a coach ride and ferry across the English Channel, we finally arrived to a place unfamiliar. It's a place where words are not understood, where street names make you feel even more lost than before and a place where beauty is so dominant that none of the confusion even matters.

The beauty of Paris is everywhere.Whether you are walking down a street filled with markets of fruit, cheese and wine or standing under the sparkling Eiffel Tower in the middle of the night. Since I can remember, I dreamed of going to Paris, and I mean that literally. It's all so much to take in. I sit here now reflecting on the trip I just encountered and I think to myself, ''I did it! I was really there!''

On my wonderful experience I got to tour the Louvre Museum and see art by the greatest artists of all times. I saw the notorious Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci, the sculpture of Psyche and Cupid by Michaelangelo and so many other well-known arts that I would be here all day listing the names. I also stood on the steps of Notre Dame. The architecture is exquisite and its massive size takes a few blocks to view it all. I climbed MANY steps to the tip top of the city to Sacre Coeur, a beautiful all-white Roman Catholic church, where the veiw is absolutly breathtaking. All of this was great but my favorite part of the trip was when the Eiffel Tower lit up the night sky around me and shimmered like glitter. (See for yourself.) It was everything I ever imagined. It gave me chills and filled me with complete joy. I stood there with a bottle of wine in one hand and my best friend by my side. I knew right then there was nothing else more perfect that I could be doing at that very moment.

My experience in Paris is one I will cherish forever and if you ever have the chance to go to Paris, GO! Embrace the opportunity and engulf yourself in the beauty! It will be an experience you will never forget.
                                                                      -- By Jessica Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment