Monday, June 6, 2011

Meet Taylor Gentry


My name is Taylor Wilhemina  Gentry and I am now entering my third year at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.  I was born in Houston Texas and shortly after I moved to Arlington Texas where I have lived since I left for college.  Family plays a very influential role in my life helping with every decision I make.  My dad is a gastroenterologist and my mother was an attorney but does not practice anymore.  My older brother is senior biology major at the University of Texas, which is one main reason why I chose to go to Alabama.  I also have two younger sisters, one that also has plans to visit London and a younger brother.  I am actually the first in my family to be born in the states considering everyone before is originally from the Netherlands.  This is one reason I am so excited to visit other places and reconnect with other family members.   I am majoring in fashion merchandizing and general business with hopes of someday owning something of my own.  Charity and volunteering are very important things to me.  For the last five years I have been working with the Boys and Girls club helping underprivileged children.  At the beginning of May I acted as a guardian taking fifty WW11 veterans to Washington to show them their memorials as a token of appreciation.  Usually I spend my summers at my lake house and traveling various places mostly involving music festivals.  Although I have no musical talents at all, it still remains a great hobby of mine.  I am very open-minded to mostly anything and I am super excited to what Europe has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment