Friday, June 3, 2011

Meet Jessica Thompson


Born Jessica Lorin Thompson on August 25, 1990 in Budingen Hessen, Germany and no I am not a German citizen. Thanks to my dad for serving in Desert Storm, he and my mom were stationed in Germany. Twenty years later, I am now a resident of Hattiesburg MS. I graduated from Pearl River Community College with my Assosiates in Business Marketing and Management Technology in 2010 and I am currently pursuing my Bachelors in Advertising with a minor in marketing. I love the marketing world. I have been interested in this career field since my junior year of high school. There is just something about it that makes me feel that this is where I belong.
In addition to my love for marketing and the business world I have a passion for music and tattoos. First off, I am a big fan of Lady Gaga. She is such an inspiring artist through her outrageous fashion, music, and innovated marketing strategies. She is an artist who I look up to and respect. On the flip side, I have love for alternative rock music. Some of my favorite bands are Halestorm, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, and Shinedown.  Music is an important part of who I am because it is my escape from the all the ugly things in the world, it brings me to my happy place. I also am fascinated by tattoos. It is an outlet of self expression that can never be erased. I currently have six, but before departure to the British Studies Program, I plan to add another to the canvas. Every tattoo I have tells a story and has a deep meaning to me.
Of course my family and friends are very dear to me. They may be a little corky but I would not exchange them out for anything! Without them I would not be able to function quite right. I am the only child between my mom and dad; however my best friend, who is also named Jessica, is the sister I never had. Michael is my other half and I would not be complete without him, he is the most humble and sweetest person I know. Sometimes I am not sure how he puts up with all my spur-of-the-moment ideas. I also have a special love for my two dogs, Mogley and Bigsy. The two little five pounders give me a joy that is irreplaceable.
A few things I enjoy doing on my free time are reading an intriguing fantasy filled book, spending time at the beach on a hot sunny day, and watching a funny movie with a big bowl of popcorn. Oh and of course I love to travel. It has always been a dream of mine to travel the world. I hope that one day I can say that I have seen the world up close and personal. This amazing opportunity to the British Studies Program is going to check off some of the places on my bucket list and I cannot wait! In short, I am just a passionate person who is looking to live life to its fullest.


No comments:

Post a Comment