Friday, June 3, 2011

Meet John Barr


My name is John Barr, and I am a senior at The University of Southern Mississippi.  Originally, I am from Gautier, MS, a small town on the Gulf Coast, and in May of 2008, I graduated from Gautier High School.  Now at Southern Miss aspiring toward a career in film and television, I am working to get a degree in Sociology with a minor in Media Production. My time at Southern Miss has provided me with extensive experience in both the planning and production phases of large-scale events, which will be an asset in the future.  The extent of my involvement is vast, ranging from work with the Southern Miss Activities Council, Student Government Association, and Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity while serving as the 2010 and 2011 Eaglepalooza Concert Director.

In the future, I intend to put my degree to work in the production, script writing, and creative aspects of both film and primetime television shows.  All my life I have held a passion for this field, and my time in college has been spent becoming increasingly more invested in it. The majority of my research and coursework done at Southern Miss has been directed toward the analysis of various aspects of both TV and film productions, including character development and dialogue. I also have already had the opportunity to work as a set production assistant on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 & 2 production set in early 2011.  Following graduation from Southern Miss in May 2012, I wish to attend graduate school in pursuit of a Master’s in Screenwriting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment