Friday, June 3, 2011

Meet Jessica Holliday

Let’s start at the beginning shall we? Born December 23, 1989 on a rare snowy day in the Deep South, I was an emergency caesarian in the rank city of Bogalusa, Louisiana. The name is Jessica Morgan Holliday. My birth date led to a fascination with the number 23 and my last name a desire to have a doctorate degree just so I could call myself “Doc Holliday.” I would not be who I am today without the people I have in my life. I have one younger brother named William, but to me he is simply “Buddy.” He is funny, wildly athletic, and he has my heart. I have wonderful parents that were high school sweethearts and are still throwing a metaphorical finger to divorce statistics after 26 years together. My mother is my very best friend and my father is my world-travelled hero in uniform. My parents are everything that I strive to become one day and they have made my life amazing. I have two crazy roommates that have been with me through thick and thin: Jessica and Michael put up with all of my insanity and I couldn’t imagine college life without them. They are my family sans the bloodline. Then there’s this guy that I just cannot seem to get away from: Jordan has stuck with me since high school and I love him terribly.
Currently, I am a Medical Technology major with a minor in Biological Sciences. However, my real passion is food. I absolutely love everything about being in a loud, crazy kitchen. I currently cook a variety of desserts and specialty items at Crescent City Grill and Purple Parrot Café and I love my job. When I’m not working or going to school I like to watch movies and spend time with my friends and family. Painting, boxing, and running are my stress relievers. I listen to all genres of music and love many artists from Elvis to Mudvayne.  Lady Gaga and Marilyn Monroe are my idols and my inspiration. I love reading sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal romance, but my favorite thing to read is comic books; I collect X-Men, Batman, and Lady Mechanika. Reading takes me to places far more interesting than Mississippi, and travel is the one thing that I really want out of life. People and cultures fascinate me. I have seen over one fifth of the United States and my goal is to spend time in all fifty states. I have marched in the London New Years day parade. I have been all over Australia, snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef, and spoken to aborigines of the lost generation. I have also seen most of the north island of New Zealand and lived with a Maori tribal family. These experiences have shaped my life and left me with a burning desire to see the rest of the world.
            Overall, I am an outgoing, fun person; Southern, tattooed, loud and proud. I am blunt, and have been called brutally honest on many occasions. On the flip side of all that, I have a huge heart, and am extremely protective of everyone I love. I love to meet new people and learn new things. I tend to be a little quirky and can have a quick temper, but I will be the first to admit my flaws. All in all, I love to look around and appreciate life, because the fun really is in the journey, not the destination. It’s been a hell of a journey so far and the next step is just waiting to be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment