Friday, June 3, 2011

Meet Jenna Talley

My name is Jenna Talley and I am 23 years old. I’ve been at USM for the past five years trying to figure out what to do with my life. I will be graduating in August when I return from London and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. I’m majoring in Broadcast Journalism and am getting a minor in Business Administration. I’ve been quite a slacker my entire college career except in the courses that interest me. I’ve made the grades needed to get by but am now wishing I would’ve done so much more.  I chose broadcast because my dream was to be a reporter for ESPN NASCAR and meet Dale Earnhardt, Jr., fall in love and get married. About a year into it, I realized how crazy I was.
I am from the beautiful coast of Mississippi and have grown up here my entire life. I get very homesick when I get too far away from the water. I like to spend my weekends on the river or at one of our barrier islands. When it’s too cold to go boating, and sometimes even when it is not, I enjoy going shopping with my mom. I’m not your typical girl, but I think I’m pretty awesome. I rushed, but made the decision that a sorority was not for me. I prefer to hang out with guys because girls cause too much drama. I like to ride four wheelers and get muddy. I’m a country girl. I will try almost anything once, but once I have made my mind up about something, I’m not budging. I’ve been very lucky growing up, my parents have worked very hard to own their own business and I have never wanted for anything. 
I am very stubborn when it comes to something I am passionate about. I have a hard time admitting when I am wrong, unless it is completely obvious to me that I am 100% wrong. If I am the least bit right about something, I will argue it to the death. I’ve been told that I have a very strong personality, and that sometimes that is a good thing and other times it is bad. I think it is good because I know where I stand and I don’t let people walk all over me.
I am very excited and extremely scared about my trip to London. I know I will be forced to experience things out of my comfort zone and I think that will be very good for me. I hope that through this trip I will be able to learn more about myself, and who I want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment