Friday, June 3, 2011

Meet Jennifer Bell


My name is Jennifer Bell. I am 20 years old and I’m currently a student at the University of Memphis. I was born and raised in Memphis, TN. For years I have been planning on being a nurse. But I have dreamed about studying abroad ever since I can remember. I have been doing research on study abroad since October of last year. In January I was waiting on class in Patterson Hall’s lobby. At this point I was making excuses and siking myself out about actually making this idea a reality. Patterson Hall is a decent size space where there were many chairs that I could have sat in. I fatefully and conveniently sat down in front of a sign that was advertising for a study abroad fair and can you guess what day it was? It was that day. I was able to attend and was able to speak with the advisors and students that were able to guide me to this program. I have always been interested with journalism. I love talking to people and learning about different cultures as well as views. I cannot wait to meet everyone and build relationships that will mold me into who I am supposed to be. I hope that this experience will open my eyes to a whole new perspective and give me opportunities of a lifetime. I am a believer in fate I know that this summer is something that I was born for. I know that I will learn and become the women I am supposed to be. I didn’t sit down in front of that sign for nothing. Whatever this summer has in store for me I am ready. BRING IT SUMMER IN LONDON 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment