Friday, June 3, 2011

Meet Amber Rutland

My name is Amber Rutland. I am an upcoming senior in majoring in Communication Studies. College has been a bit of a roller coaster for me. I started my freshman year at the University of Alabama but after realizing it was too big for me I came home to the one place I said I’d never come, Southern Miss. I have majored in Public Relations, Marketing and finally I think I have found my niche majoring in Communication Studies. Now that I am approaching my senior year I am getting nervous about the future and wishing my time away here in Hattiesburg and in college. I was in the sorority Tri Delta for two years but got burnt out with all the roll calls and not being able to work as much as I wanted. I found my friends and realized I didn’t need to stay in an organization to maintain them.
              I am from Hattiesburg and have lived here all my life. I went to high school at Oak Grove. I have a brother who is married and lives in Clinton. Both of my parents still reside in Hattiesburg. My father works on ATM machines and my mother is a realtor. My mother was a military brat and lived in Germany so she especially is excited about me being able to go to Europe and see the other side of the world. I have one dog that lives at my parents and is a gold lab. Hopefully after I graduate I can get another dog that will officially be “mine”.
            I work at McB’s as a sales associate. I have worked there for almost two years. I absolutely love it. I love fashion and eventually I hope to be sales representative for a clothing line or working in the industry.  I lived in New York City the summer after my freshman year where I was an intern for a fashion showroom and learned how much I loved the industry.
            My favorite food is Mexican. I think I could eat it every day of the week. I usually like to go to Del Sol with my friends. I am not very good at trying new food but I guess on this adventure I will have to get good at it.
            I have been out of the country only to go to the Bahamas on a vacation so I am very excited to go out of the country minus the flying part. I have always wanted to go abroad and after talking to many people who have graduated and didn’t go abroad they said that was the main thing they regretted. I wanted to make sure it wouldn’t be something I regretted.  I do not have any of my good friends going on this trip while I do know people and this is fine with me except when it comes to the separate traveling so hopefully I will meet people that are interested in going to some of the same places as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment