Friday, June 3, 2011

Meet Miranda Stewart

My name is Miranda Stewart and I am from Gulfport, MS or as most would say the Gulf Coast, which isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.  I entered this world on February 23, 1991 and have enjoyed every minute of it. I am 20 years young and have a lot left to look forward to.  I am currently a student at the University of Southern Mississippi (To The Top) majoring in Advertising with a double minor in Marketing and Spanish.  Once I graduate from USM I plan to continue with school to receive my Masters and possibly a PhD.  With my degree I hope to create ads by joining the creative department and eventually become the creative director of an advertising firm.  Opening my own firm one-day might also be in the works or possibly working internationally!  I have many goals that I would like to accomplish in the near future, one that includes an internship with Leo Burnett Advertising Agency.  My dream job is to one -day work for the Coca- Cola Company, which was the inspiration to my current career path.  I have always enjoyed art weather it involves learning the history of it or physically doing it. The Coke advertisements that have been created now and in the past have always visually caught my eye.  The campaign slogan is also captivating it gets my attention every time “Open Happiness.”  My first and foremost goal once I graduate USM is to move away, far, far, away.  My all time favorite place to be is New York City.  After one visit I knew NYC was the place for me.  The history, people, face paced life, and architectural development is so amazing that I wouldn’t dream of being anywhere else.  I would love for my life to be in retrospect to “The Devil Wears Prada” or “Morning Glory.” This is because both main characters are determined to do what they love and are willing to work hard to achieve their goals, while still staying true to themselves and gaining independence.  I try to live according to Maya Angelou, "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass."  I think this statement describes how strongly I feel about accomplishing my goals; no one is going to tell me I can’t.
I love to travel, explore and experience new things every day, which is why I have chosen to do the British Studies Program offered.  From this I hope to gain an entirely new perspective on life.  I hope that from this experience I can grow individually as well as accomplishing the many goals I have set for myself along with creating new ones.  The BSP is a great way to learn outside of the classroom and I am greatly looking forward to the new friends and life long impact it will have on me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment