Friday, June 3, 2011

Meet Anna White

About Me

I was born and raised in quiet Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Fortunately, I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area in California when I was 10 after my mom re-married. I went from a small quiet family of four to a crazy family of eight, but don’t get us confused with “The Brady’s.”

Theatre, poetry, volleyball, designing, and hockey are just a few of my favorite hobbies and interests. I performed in high school, but being center stage is an old thrill. I love to write poetry, spoken word pieces, and in general as a creative outlet. Volleyball is fun but my lack of coordination makes it hard for me to take it seriously. I love hockey, Go San Jose Sharks!

As for my knack for designing, I hope to become a professional designer and Creative Director in an on-line or print production one day. I am majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Magazine and a minor in Creative Arts at San Jose State University.  I have two jobs to support my education. I work as an SJSU Peer Mentor, mentoring students through their academic career. My second job is my internship with Sony PlayStation in Foster City, Calif. I work as an Asset Artist Intern, creating artwork and copy alongside the Marketing team for the on-line network and store.

These dream jobs didn’t come easy. I’ve paid my dues working retail, serving customers, and even making French fries at a snack bar. The hard work really does pay off in the end. However, I still have a long way to go to reach my ultimate dream. I can’t wait to see where life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment